Following on from our previous article "An answer to power cuts - Ecogen generators with back-up spares", Autoworld is offering an alternative to give customers a choice of power back-up options.
The Su-Kam Digital Signal Processor Sine Wave Inverter with EnerSys PowerSafe batteries gives a complete UPS system (Uninterrupted Power Supply). When there is normal electrical power, the inverter converts the AC supply to DC so that the batteries charge. When there is a power cut, the system can be instantly switched so that the DC supply from the batteries goes through the inverter. This converts it to an AC supply for use in the home or office.
The Su-Kam DSP Sine Wave inverter protects your batteries from damage caused by over-discharging by automatically shutting itself off when the battery voltage falls below a certain level.
EnerSys’ PowerSafe V range of valve-regulated lead-acid batteries have been designed specifically for use in applications which demand the highest levels of security and reliability. They have a long service life and an excellent rate of performance.
Features of Su-Kam inverters
- Available in 2.5, 3.5, 5.0 or 7.5 KVA sizes
- Automatic computerised testing
- Regulated pure sine wave output
- Designed for heavy duty applications
- User friendly LCD panel for status, messages, faults and remedies
- Can run air conditioners, microwaves, geysers and submersible pumps
- PWM controlled 5 stage ATM battery protection
- Can be expanded at a later date
- Field-settable heavy-duty SMPS charger (7-20 amps) for different capacities of batteries (100Ah - 200Ah)
Features of EnerSys PowerSafe batteries
- Deliver superior performance
- Occupies less space than conventional standby power batteries
- V-0 rated, flame retardant, ABS plastic for both containers and covers – for high mechanical strength and excellent safety features
- Oxygen from the positive plates diffuses through micro-porous separators to the negative plates and recombines to form water
- Each cell incorporates its own safety valve, allowing controlled release of gas when pressure builds up within the cell