If you want to see more of the action from Elephant Charge 2016, have a look at their Facebook page, updated regularly with pictures and videos, and also the website.
Elephant charge 2016 results
Town car category winner
Country Choice Trophy (shortest net distance)
The shortest net distance is worked out by deducting km for money raised off the total distance. Only teams that finish qualify.
- 1st, The Carnivores, with minus 18.995km
- 2nd, Almost there, with minus 77km
- 3rd, Mudhogs, with minus 13.22m
Khal Amazi Trophy (shortest distance on a Tsetse Line)
- 1st, Autoworld, with 3.417 km
- 2nd, Mudhogs, with 4.427 km
Sanctuary Trophy (shortest distance on a Tsetse Line)
- 1st, Team Chipolopolo, with 2.997km
- 2nd, The Camel, with 3.027km
Shortest Distance on the Gauntlet
- 1st, Autoworld, 515m
- 2nd, Kahl Amazi, with 576m
- 3rd, The Camel, with 608m
Properly Shafted Trophy (courtesy of Autoworld)
- Bushtracks, drowned their car in the river
Spirit of the charge
- Leopards Hill Memorial Park
Castle-Fleming Trophy (shortest distance)
- 1st, Sausage Tree, with 2.4186km
- 2nd, Mudhogs, with 2.4837km
- 3rd, The Camel, with 26.301km
Sausage Tree Trophy (most money raised for conservation)
- 1st, Kahl Amazi, K108,822
- 2nd, Autoworld, K107,850
- 3rd, The Carnivores, K100,000
Autoworld / TJM treasure hunt trophy
- Sausage Tree, 9500Lb electric winch*
Autoworld TJM treasure hunt
This year’s winners of the Autoworld / TJM treasure hunt trophy went to Sausage Tree who won a 9500Lb electric winch! This trophy is won by the team that manages to check in at all the check points. (At each check point they get a number which is part of the coordinate of where the winch is hidden in the bush.) Well done to Sausage Tree!
A fund-raising quiz night was held on 19th October at Sugarbush Café.
16th November was Elephant Charge 2016 Review Night at Sugarbush Café. The official video and pictures of this year’s event were premiered and those who came learned a bit more about how the funds are being put to use.
The 2017 Elephant Charge
Incredibly, next year will be Elephant Charge’s 10th anniversary! The event organisers will be pulling out all the stops to mark this milestone. Think of getting involved – either as a returning competitor, helper or spectator, or for the first time. Let’s make 2017 the most successful charge yet.