Calling all truckers and bus companies in Zambia. A massive 20% off all Triangle and Doublestar tyres while stocks last.
Three reasons why you should replace worn out tyres:
- Tyre treads provide the traction necessary to grip wet or oily roads
- Tyre treads help keep your tyres cool, reducing the risk of blowouts
- Tyre treads help keep your tyres inflated. Low pressure tyres can’t grip the road as well, making it harder to steer the vehicle, harder to brake, and increasing fuel costs.
What better time than now to replace fleet vehicle tyres - with this amazing 20% discount offer from Autoworld!
Calling all motorists in Zambia. A study was carried out by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in the US. They found that over 26% of the crashes studied involved vehicles with insufficient tread i.e. with worn out tyres*.
Here are more reasons why you should replace worn out tyres:
- Tyre treads provide the traction necessary to grip wet or oily roads
- Tyre treads help keep your tyres cool, This helps to prevent blowouts, when you can loose control of the car, especially if you're speeding
- Tyre treads help keep your tyres at the right pressure. Under-inflated tyres can’t grip the road properly even in dry conditions, making it harder to steer your vehicle and harder to brake, and reducing fuel mileage (increasing your fuel costs).
What better time than now to replace your tyres - with an amazing 15% discount offer from Autoworld!
Announcing an exclusive automated wheel balancing service! Autoworld is now the proud owner of a John Bean B800P Wheel Balancer at its Impala Service Station.
Autoworld’s new John Bean B800P wheel balancer at Impala Service Station offers automatic data entry and rim profiling.
More information on the B800P Wheel Balancer:-
Faster training, quicker tyre changes
The B800P speeds up the training of new technicians and reduces the time it takes to change a tyre and balance the wheels. The touchscreen interface makes it easy for technicians to check the results. And when the operator touches the imbalance amount, the wheel automatically turns to the correct position for weight placement!
Touchscreen User Interface
This convenient device has commonly used modes such as spoke detection, match mount and manual mode. Measurement results and weight position indicators are clearly visible.
Automatic Balancer Measurement
It takes about 8 seconds for the B800P to identify the optimal location of any imbalance and identify the best location for the clip-on weight.
Patented Automatic Power Clamp
The wheel is electro-mechanically clamped for increased accuracy.
A laser beam pinpoints the positioning of weights in the lower rim position (the B800P's exclusive easyWEIGHT facility).
Other wheel and tyre news from Autoworld:
John Bean B340P wheel balancers are now installed in all other Autoworld branches in Lusaka.
For wheel alignment, Autoworld uses a 3D car wheel aligner that also comes from market leaders John Bean. This is the Visualiner 3D Lite Lift.
Whenever you buy tyres from any Autworld outlet, you’ll get free fitting and a free wheel balancing service (on a John Bean B340P wheel balancer).
Nitrogen air is available for pumping into your tyres (at Impala Service Station only). By inflating your tyres with high purity nitrogen, they will remain at their proper operating pressure much longer.
For auto repair shops, Autoworld sells John Bean B100 model wheel balancers, as well as John Bean Visualiner 3D Lite Lift wheel aligners.
May 2015 Monthly Specials - this month enjoy 15% off the full range of TYRES and TUBES
Select from Autoworld's exclusive range of high performance tyres and tubes to guarantee your vehicle will be fit for both on and off road driving. Truck and tractor tyres are also available from Autoworld, as well as high quality rims for passenger and 4X4 off roading vehicles. Autoworld stocks the following quality brands of tyres and tubes: Goodyear, Bridgestone, Continental, Deestone, Falken, Firestone, Linglong, Pirelli, Sumo Firenza, Sunny and Wanli.
The May 2015 Monthly Specials start today, Thursday 7th May. Discounted prices for Autoworld's full range of tyres and tubes will be valid for one week until Wednesday 13th May, 2015.
This offer is available at all participating Autoworld branches as well as Impala Service Station while stocks last. Call your nearest branch for further details. Contact information for all our branches can be found on our website.
Get yourself equipped, so you can stay safe and enjoy your journey!
Have you ever been on a long journey and noticed one of your tyres was slightly flat? Have you enjoyed a day at the mall only to find you have a puncture? Your heart may sink further when you realise there are no workshops nearby (especially if you are on a long Zambian road in the middle of nowhere). A flat tyre can be a real pain.
In most cases you will find a puncture is caused by a nail or a foreign object that has engaged itself in the tyre resulting in low pressure. To stay safe and enjoy your trip, we recommend changing your tyres well before the tread gets low. This will help avoid flat tyres altogether. To help you on your way, this month’s 15% off special is on tyres and tubes (from 7th-13th May).
Even with a good tread, a tyre may still sometimes develop a puncture. When this happens, you can ensure you finish your journey safely with the TJM tubeless repair kit and mini compressor which come with an instruction manual and guarantee. Both are small enough to permanently stay in the boot of your vehicle. With the kit you can be equipped for any quick fix regardless of the car you drive.
Nowadays most vehicles run on tubeless tyres. This makes it very easy to repair them without needing to remove the tyre from the vehicle.
How can I tell the difference between a tyre with a tube or one without?
Tyres with tubes have a valve protruding from the tube. Tubeless tyres have a tubeless valve which is fitted to the rim of the tyre. Our workshop and sales staff are happy to help you identify the difference so you can establish if the tubeless repair kit is right for your vehicle.
What does the TJM tubeless kit consist of?
- A cord needle tool
- A tyre rasp (file)
- Replacement needle for the needle tool
- An allen key to fix the needle tool when replacing needles
- A trim tool (sharp cutter) and tyre lubricant to help make it easy to insert the rasp (file)
- 20 x tubeless repair chords (patches)
- Robust storage case
- Spare valve cores
- Valve key and long nose pliers
How much will it cost you? At any Autoworld branch you can get the tubeless repair kit for K330* and the mini compressor at an amazing K1,815*.
7 steps to repairing your tubeless tyre with repair kit and compressor
- Use the pliers supplied to remove any obstructions in the damaged area of the tyre.
- Clean out the hole using the rasp tool (file). Inserting the rasp tool into the hole a few times will sufficiently clean the hole and make room for finally inserting a patch.
- Apply the lubricant supplied to the shaft of the rasp tool (file). This will assist when the rasp is inserted into the hole created by the removed obstruction.
- Thread the repairing cord (patch) through the eye of the needle tool. The lubricant can be applied to the tip of the needle tool to help you easily insert the cord (patch) into the tyre.
- Press the needle tool and cord (patch) into the filled out hole in the tyre. Ensure a small amount of the cord (patch) is visible even after it’s inserted into the tyre. Slowly pull out the needle tool by slightly pulling up on the handle. The cord (patch) should remain in the tyre sealing the hole. Do not twist the needle tool in this process.
- With the cutter supplied trim any excess cord (patch) protruding from the tyre.
- Re-inflate the tyre with your TJM air compressor to the desired pressure. Check the repaired area for any leaks by simply pouring a little bit of water and checking that no bubbles appear.
As a safety measure, consider taking your car to the nearest Autoworld garage once you are able to drive. It's important to have your tyre re-checked by a professional to ensure it is permanently sealed.
Don’t miss out on this month’s 15% discount on tyres and tubes - visit us before 13th May.
* All prices include 16% VAT