Most car owners understand that engine oil is used to lubricate the various components of the engine to prevent friction.
However many are not aware that the efficiency of an engine is directly related to the quality of the engine oil you put in it. The engine is the ‘heart’ of your vehicle. You need to treat it well in order to keep your vehicle in the best working condition. Autoworld stocks a full range of quality lubricants from Castrol, to help keep your vehicle in tip top condition and running efficiently.
Here are our six simple tips to ensure you have a smooth running engine:
- Always use the correct engine oil for your valuable vehicle. To identify the right oil for your particular vehicle, refer to your owner’s manual or contact our Fitment Centre for advice.
- It’s advisable to do a lube service at least every 5,000km. This service should include the replacement of engine oil and the oil filter, checking of clutch fluid levels (where applicable), checking of automatic transmission fluid levels (where applicable), checking of gearbox oil levels, checking of diff oils, checking of engine coolant level and, where necessary, flushing of the radiator.
- Autoworld Fitment Centres will always indicate the mileage point at which your car will next be due a service. It’s important to keep a note of this.
- Check your oil dip stick at least once a week in case your vehicle might need a top up of oil. This could be done while you are filling up with fuel. The fuel attendant can help you.
- The coolant lubricates all the gullies and water pump components. It’s important to check the coolant level at least once a month, depending on the usage of the vehicle. At the same time check your radiator water level where applicable.
- Some new vehicle models have a fully sealed radiator that can only be filled through the coolant bottle. Such models require long life radiator coolant which is available in all Autoworld retail stores. Ensure you only top up levels with long life coolant for these applications.