The function of a filter in your vehicle is the same as the vital job that your kidneys perform in your body. So when given the choice of which filter to help keep your engine healthy, it's important to choose wisely.
At Autoworld our brand of choice is GUD and here are our 5 reasons why:
- Offer great engine protection
- Made with only superior quality materials and to original equipment manufacturers (OEM) specifications
- GUD carries a comprehensive warranty on their filters
- Extensive product range and expert technical support
- 65 year track record
The purpose of a filter in your engine is to keep out harmful contaminants which are carried by the engine’s air, oil and fuel supplies. Contaminants can be in the form of dust, sand, soot, water and engine wearing metals. If these contaminants are not filtered out, rapid engine wear will occur or worse, complete engine failure.
A sub-standard filter will eventually result in premature wear. On the face of it, and to the untrained eye, sub-standard filters often don't look bad from the outside and are therefore deemed to be good quality. This is where the unsuspecting are led astray. Filtration performance far outweighs physical appearance.
To ensure you fit the best quality filter to your vehicle, follow these simple rules and be assured of great engine protection and maximum engine life:
- Always buy a reputable and trusted brand, such as a GUD Filter.
- Always look for a comprehensive product warranty, as offered by GUD Filters; as opposed to a warranty that will replace only the filter and not cover the damage done to the vehicles' engine.
- Always ensure that the brand you fit to your vehicle meets or exceeds the original equipment vehicle specification, as GUD Filters do.
- Its recommended to change your oil, fuel & Air filter every 5000km (depending on the driving conditions of the vehicle)
- Always keep a record of your service mileage so that service intervals are never missed.